Friday, September 11, 2009

Eggs in Different Baskets

p22800031

I guess -C inspired me without realizing it. I picked the pattern out of Ukrainian Easter Eggs and How We Make Them after viewing her exquisite Pysanki without remembering she had one very similar. Circular patterns feel more natural to me so I'll probably make more like it. The red one isn't dark enough in that it doesn't contrast enough with the gold, so I either should have left the egg white before drawing the lines, or I should have used a darker red than Scarlet.

The wooden egg behind it is of and from the St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Juneau, Alaska.

img_3185

Here are some of the ostrich eggs our authentically Carpatho-Russian Matushka does for the sale. She also teaches classes. See the St. Barbara website to the left for timely details.

No comments:

Post a Comment